Updated: Mar 13, 2020
I’m usually quite organised but even my fridge can end up looking overloaded and a bit of a jumbled mess from time to time. My kids are the worst culprits and seem to open the door and just put stuff back anywhere.
Just like other areas of the home, however, there are some significant benefits to having the fridge tidy and organised:
* Visibility is improved and food items are easier to find
* Food wastage is reduced which in turn saves money
* Leftovers are more likely to be used up
* A more consistent temperature will be maintained in the fridge which will keep food safer … if items are quicker and easier to find, the fridge door will be opened for less time
* It’s easier to write a shopping list if everything is easy to see and find
So, with all that in mind, here are 10 simple tips that I use to help keep my fridge more organised:
* Bins, baskets or tubs help to keep similar items together, making it easier to find things thereby keeping the fridge neater for longer. Items that are ideal for this include pop-top juices/milks, cheeses, yoghurts and cold meats. Bins, baskets or tubs can also be used like “pull-out drawers” on shelves that are high and more difficult to reach.
* Keep all fruit and vegetables in the crisper drawers which will save room for other items in the rest of the fridge.